Energy Waste to energy plants
Waste to Energy Plant Silla 2 in Milan Upgrading of the Fume Treatment System (Italy)
The existing advanced fume treatment system, completed in 2002, is made up of a two-stage de-dusting line with electrostatic filter and bag filter, a de-acidification dry reactor with powder calcium hydroxide dosing and a non-catalytic reduction system for nitric oxide with urea injection in the combustion chamber (SNCR).
The new project will provide for the installation of a catalytic system for high abatement levels of nitric oxide (SCR) and the replacement of calcium hydroxide with sodium bicarbonate as alkaloid reagent.
These updating works are required in order to keep the waste incineration plant running to ensure waste disposal.
- Wet fumes for treatment NM3/h 129,000
- Nitric oxide (NOx) emissions mg/Nm3 <50
- Hydrochloric acid (HCl) emissions mg/Nm3 ≤4
- Hydrofluoric acid (HF) emissions mg/Nm3 ≤0.25
- Ammonia (NH3) emissions mg/Nm3 ≤5
AMSA Spa – Milan
Cost of works