Marine and coastal Coastal Engineering
Master Plan and Detailed Design of public beaches (Qatar)
During the inception phase, the Consultant studied 25 beaches along the coastline of Qatar.
The Sites Identification Report was developed by marine and environmental experts, including the following parts:
- Description of selected sites
- Advice on Surveys, Studies and Tests
- Budget Cost Estimate for site preparation works
The selected planning area includes two beaches, Simaisma South and Al Dhayyen Umm Salal, located on the coastline of Simaisma town about 24km from Doha Golf Course by taking the North Relief Highway.
Both Beaches, with an approximate shoreline of 800m each, require major reclamation and dredging works in order to achieve a coherent and adequate shoreline suitable for swimming.
The scope of work includes a Master plan and detailed design of both beaches, consisting of a sandy shoreline of not less than 100m in depth and including the following design components:
- Pedestrian paths;
- Landscaped lawns and picnic areas;
- Beach furniture;
- Accessible toilets and showers;
- Leased shops;
- Cafeterias and
- Refreshment Kiosks.
The studies carried out include the following activities:
- Geotechnical Investigation report;
- Topographic and Bathymetric survey reports;
- Services survey report;
- Beach user survey report;
- Environmental assessment report;
- Wave Climate modelling report;
- Hydrodynamic modelling report;
Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Agriculture - Department of Technical & Economic studies
Master Plan, Detailed Design
Cost of works
Euro 12 million