Urban Planning Buildings and Architecture Buildings and architecture
Design and Construction Supervision of the infrastructures related to the Phase 1 of Konza Techno City
The Konza Technology City (KTC) is a project of the Government of Kenya (GoK), implemented through the Konza Technopolis Development Authority (KoTDA), under the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology (MOICT).
Konza City will be constructed over a 5000 acre land, located approximately 60km south of Nairobi Center. The city plot boundaries are the A109 Highway (Mombasa Road) to the east, and Konza-Katmani Road to the west.
The city is designed to allow phased development, and Phase 1 includes various types of land uses and infrastructures that would support future phases of development.
The project concerns the development of a new smart technology city of about 28’000 inhabitants including:
- 40km of landscaped streets complete with drainage facilities and subsurface utilities (water distribution, sewage collection, drainage network, reuse water network, under pressure solid waste network)
- Parks and open spaces
- Water treatment plant and storage reservoir and related infrastructure
- Wastewater Reclamation Facility and related infrastructures
- Electrical distribution system including approximately 40Km of electric power lines, substations, transformers and other appurtenances
- Transit Hub building
- Police and Fire Station building
- Solid Waste Handling Facility
- Entrance and Security Features
The road hierarchy and classification within the Project area comprises the following:
- Arterial: Technology Boulevard (total length approximately 1’000m)
- Collector: Auto Boulevard & University Boulevard (total length approximately 5’500m)
- Public Transit Corridor: Green Boulevard, 60meter parkscape (total length approximately 3’000m)
- District Distributor (total length approximately 3’000m)
- Local Distributor (total length approximately 2’500m)
- Local (total length approximately 20’000m)
- Service Roads (total length approximately 5’000m).
KoTDA (Konza Technopolis Development Authority)
Machakos County - Kenya
Concept Design, Preliminary Design, Detailed Design, Construction Supervision Progetto Concettuale, Progetto Preliminare, Progetto Esecutivo, Supervisione
Cost of works
about Euro 367,000,000