Water treatment Industrial waste water treatment plants
Works for upgrading of Borgomanero wastewater treatment plant (Italy)
The plant, built in the early 1980s, serves a population of 38,000 Equivalent Inhabitants with around 60% of industrial waste.
Apart from the age, the decree 152/99 requires a significant upgrading work planned in two subsequent steps. The first step is now concluded and the second step works are underway.
On the whole, the project includes:
- new screening system with 3 mm spacing;
- restructuring of sand catcher/separator system;
- restructuring of the activated sludge biologic treatment line with subdivision on two lines in parallel and nitrogen removal;
- fine bubble aeration unit to replace turbines;
- final filtration of effluents;
- ultraviolet disinfection section;
- control of odour emissions;
- new mechanical dehydration unit with high capacity centrifuges;
- exhaust air extraction and treatment;
- renovation of structural works.
All works were scheduled and carried out with no interruption of the water purification service.
Municipality of Borgomanero (Novara)
Preliminary Design, Detailed Design, Works Supervision
Cost of works